Sunday, 20 November 2011

Cairns

After having my trainers cleaned for free, the rest of Cairns was a bit of a disappointment. Or it would've been, if I hadn't spent my first day on a boat going out to the beautiful Great Barrier Reef.

Cairns - Great Barrier Reef


I did three dives, the last of which was my first ever unguided dive. I just buddied up with a girl I met on the boat, and we found some amazing types of coral I'd never seen before, two hawksbill turtles and a white tip reef shark.




After a few less eventful days I decided to go up to 14,000ft in a small propeller plane and jump out, attached to a man with a parachute. It was awesome.


Mission Beach

Finished Reading: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
Now Reading: Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
Listening To: Blood Sugar Sex Magik by Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment